Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Color Run

The Color Run

I found out about the color run at least 6 months ago. I was even more beyond excited when I found out it was going to be in Boise. I watched the website all summer long waiting for the registration to be open. It was suppose to be in early August, but then it was suddenly taken off. I was beyond sad. But alas it was put back on, and it was the last weekend in October. Apparently these people have never been in Idaho in October…it was needless to say a little chilly. It was hard for me to get started running because it was so cold. Natasha and her family also ran in the color run, but she had hurt her back, and ended up having to walk it, so I went at my own pace…to be honest I probably would have anyway. I don’t really do all that well running with others. I had a goal to run it in 30 minutes…I honestly don’t know what my time was because it wasn’t even timed: ( who does that? Haha. At every kilometer in the run there was people there to throw a different color paint on you. Because it was a powdered paint, it was so enjoyable to run through the cloud of dust and get a mouthful of it while running. Haha. Honestly the pictures don’t do justice to show how dirty I was. It took a lot showering and scrubbing to get it off me, I cant even imagine how it was for some of the people that were really covered. Nick and Jaima and the boys came down and cheered me on. They showed up in perfect timing, minutes before I crossed the finish line. I had the boys help me throw my pack of powdered paint, and then they enjoyed running into the festival when everyone else threw theirs. Chic-a-Fila was gracious enough to give us free sandwiches after the race. Hooray! I love that place.
Nice and Clean Before







Good thing this was the happiest 5K on the planet, or I probably wouldnt have appreciated being so dirty. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment